Tuesday 16 August 2011

Confessions of a Knackered Mummy

I have been up for the majority of the night with Amber. Then just as she was contemplating sleep...cue Will, with his best 'too early in the morning screech' "Muuuummmmmyyyyy, Is it morning yet?" Gahh! Dave has never left for work so fast. Up and out the door in about 3 minutes, never even stopped for a coffee. I can't think why! :/

So, abandoned by Dave, left alone with 2 small children, and the mother of all tooth-ache, I am soldiering on through the day, praying for bedtime to arrive quickly. Normally I am a strict mummy, but today, in an act of survival, I confess the following:-

#1
It is 12.33pm. Will is not dressed.

#2
The breakfast dishes are still on the table. Will is having a lunchtime picnic of sandwiches, grapes and Skips. whilst sat on the sitting room floor

#3
Whilst eating aforementioned picnic, Will is watching last years CBeebies Panto on Sky +. For the 3rd time today.
#4
I have managed to get myself dressed. Even have a wash and clean my teeth. But I haven't brushed my hair today!

#5
The basket of washing I brought in from the tumbler this morning is still sat on the lounge floor. Washing still crumpled.

#6
I may well be on my 15th cup of tea. I really wish I liked coffee or red bull, I could do with the extra caffeine. Perhaps I will resort to Pro-Plus.

#7
I have taken some mince out of the freezer, but let's be honest, we're mostly likely gonna have a takeaway!

#8
Monday is sheets day. But it was Dave's birthday yesterday (more about that when I get a minute). Sheets day is now postponed until further notice.

I think that is enough for now. Though I suspect I will be back throughout the day to add more to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment